Monday, January 25, 2010

Drab to Fab Transformation-Day 1

I have hit a rut... Recently, I began to realize that my needs have taken a backseat to the needs (and wants) of my children, and I have decided to take my life back! I am going to FIND freetime to do the things that I want to do-just for me. I'm not sure what this will mean yet, but it will include those much-deserved bubble baths, painted toenails, facials, and maybe even exercise!! :) Whatever I decide I want to do.

I realize that this cannot happen without a schedule... and that is where my problem lies. I am horrible at keeping my OWN schedule. When I was working outside the home, I followed other people's deadlines. And it worked. But trying to maintain my OWN schedule has been a real struggle for me. I find myself lounging around until the last minute, then racing the clock to get the job done. Whether it be getting out of the house to pick the kids up... or cleaning for company... Moving into a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom house with THREE living rooms has been a dream come true... AND A NIGHTMARE! I was NOT prepared for the upkeep!!

So here it is. My New Years Resolution? No. My life-changing goal? Maybe. I think I will call it "My attempt at living a more productive life." Sure, why not?

So, here it goes. I have my schedule written out, all of my i's (and j's) dotted and my t's crossed.. The hardest part will be enlisting the help of my capable children.

No comments:

Post a Comment